Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Past Memory - Digimon Drawings

I suddenly found something that I'd totally forgotten long time ago from the hide of my book rack, deep in between boxes of old papers - an old and crumby envelope. Swiftly I grabbed it and was quite exited...oh yeah, still heavy as it is some 8 years ago. The condition was good, not eaten by insects. Slowly I opened the cover and took out its content. Whoala...still there! some 30 masterpieces of Digimons that I'd drew when I was in standard 5 and I'd forgotten them totally. I flipped through the old and crumpled papers piece by piece in great details, with great exitement, hardly believing that I'd actually drew them! Flash back occur as each pieces showed up...back to the time while I was in my formal house in Desa Baru, my grandpa house and my life in primary school. That time was the Digi-world. I used to love them so much and was a crazy fan. Well, that also reminded me of playing hide-and-seek with my dad, whom I dare not let him know that I'm actually drawing those as he'll probably got angry as for him, doing such are a waste of time. Still I remembered he'd confiscated my Digimon book where I refered and drew from. And how pathetic was I that day...those pieces were drawn in all types of papers: envelop, small memo, back of unused printed papers, scrap papers, but not A4 or art paper! This signifies something: I dare not even go and steal my dad's A4 paper and I am still clear about that! That's why I am drawing in whatever paper available that time...

To make these poor papers and my art work eternal I've decided to scan them and convert into soft copy, and I've uploaded them to some servers.


These are some of the pieces. (The complete set is in my facebook)

My favorite, solely it is a fish. I have affinity towards fishes...



Still remember the process of drawing this creature...
among the hardest.


Flaming bird...duno wat mon is this la...




Proof: can see the prining behind?
Traces of my primary school's badge on the top.


Another printed papers. Still have the traces of words.



Among the 1st Digimon I drawn. This initiated me to draw the rest.



V-mon. My last piece. Also lost the mood to draw dy...


Protagonist in the Digimon Anime.


Poorly mantained. Also among the 1st Digimon that I'd drawn.


Racing againts the time: still remember I was drawing this on
the glass table around 6pm like that
when my dad was away.

3 comments:

  1. it's nice! pro in drawing!
    the time primary 5 is like so near yet sp far right? u let me reminiscent of how my brothers and i sitting together to watch the cartoon shown by singapore tv station...
    nice memory though!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a message here:

Rocks Collection

Rocks Collection
Rocks collected since I was young...

Uni Mates!

Uni Mates!
A picture mosaics of of V6 residents in year 2008.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails