Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last Moment In Melaka - Emo

I'll no longer be staying in Melaka, the place where I used to call home for the past 14 years. Before I step out of my house with my luggages in hands, I turned my head back to look shortly into the living room once again. Kinda procrastination. Kinda sad. It was empty, dark, silent. Yet, memories of the past keep being reminisced in my mind. I saw my siblings watching television though they were all sleeping soundly in their bed. In fact it was just an imagination of a normal day. I pay a last visit to my aquarium for this month (hopefully), but the fishes were all ''dormant'' at night. When the car engine roamed, I know that it was time. I finally stepped out of the gate, reluctantly. I am really, really emo! A mixed feeling of sadness and happiness! That nostalgic midnight really means a lot to me, signifies a junction which change my journey of life forever... Soon, we departed. Well, I am actually kinda emo, sad to mention, when it comes to this kind of moments where I am departing for another life. (The same implies to the day before I go to Japan for 2 weeks and NS for 3 months. But UTP for 5 years!!!). I will appreciate all the my stays in Melaka, and the time I spend with family and fellow friends. Adios Jia Wei, Han Way, Amin, Heng, William, Wee Chen, Kin Woon etc etc! After 5 years pursuing my foundation and a degree in petroluem engineering in UTP, scarcely I stand a chance to come back here, or to meet with you guys. Yes, only for vacations I'll come back. I might be working miles away off-shore in the middle of 'nowhere', or thousands of miles away off-Malaysia. That's why when I think more and more, I became more and more emo. Ok. Enough mention of my stupid emo's emotion. Come on, that's normal!!! Oh, forget to mention that Amin had finally decided to take ALAM rather than Petronas in search for a much greener pastures in USA. Amin, good luck and be cheerful as you always be! I will always support you!

1 comment:

  1. You may never see this comment...but nothing could stop me from writing down my feeling from my heart core.
    There is a part written wrongly, but I can't put the blame on you, cuz you never knew it.
    Not all the siblings were sleeping soundly that morning. I remember the night before you left, I never slept, too. You last-minutely packed your stuff. I was still awake without a bit of sleepiness. That's true. When you stepped out of the house, you never knew a pair of eyes were watching in the darkness through the window, seeing the car slowly crept into the shadow until it was completely out of its sight. Silence, was what I could hear. I laid on the bed, thousand of thoughts were flowing in my mind. My heart seemed to be beating slowly but heavily, my bloodstream seemed to be flowing slow... When shall we meet again after 14 years under one same roof? This question haunted me. Future is void. But that answer came just after 1 minute...when the familiar coughing of the car disturbed my eardrum. There was the forgetful you leaving something in the house again, or were you on purpose? Whatever. I could hear the noise outside, but not anymore after a short while...and I never slept. I can remember everything that moment. As you described, the icy, cold and still air surrounding my bare skin, you imagined we watching movie, I recalling the time we spent together for the past 14 years...

    Accidentally i read this blog and it reminds me of that very particular moment. I didn't write down what I feel, what I think, what I opine until today.
    That was just a bit of feeling of mine. But everything ain't that bad with nowadays' advance communication and technologies...
    haha...cheer up :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a message here:

Rocks Collection

Rocks Collection
Rocks collected since I was young...

Uni Mates!

Uni Mates!
A picture mosaics of of V6 residents in year 2008.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails